Here are the tips to keep your wood and cloth surfaces in your infrared sauna clean and fresh.
Wood Surface (backrests)
- Use of our “S-Curve” backrest with a towel will virtually eliminate sweat stains on the built-in wood backrest.
- Always lay a clean towel on the bench to absorb excess sweat.
- If emitter backrests are wet from sweat, wipe off excess moisture with a clean towel.
- If emitters are stained, lightly sand with 220 grit sandpaper. Use a vacuum to remove dust from black cloth.
Wood Surface (bench tops)
- Always sit on a clean towel when sauna bathing to absorb excess sweat.
- Wipe off excess sweat with dry towel after bathing.
- Use a damp towel to gently scrub sweat stains.
- If needed, use 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand sweat stains from bench surfaces.
- A light coating of pure Paraffin Oil will help to protect bench surfaces from absorbing sweat/moisture. Reapply after every 40 hours use.
- If black cloth is wet from sweat, use a dry towel to absorb excess moisture.
- If the black cloth appears soiled, use a damp towel to lightly scrub the stains and allow to dry. (avoid any detergents that could discolor the cloth or leave a residue that could off-gas when heated).
- A vacuum cleaner with a brush head works great for removing lint/dust.
- If you have an area that is dusty but the vacuum wand will not reach, use a piece of painters or masking tape to pick up the foreign material.